Installation of Freepascal on a AROS i386 machine
- a fully installed AROS i386
- developer tools (try to type ld in a shell if you get "ld: no input files" then everything is ok) should be included in all major distributions. If not you have to download the nightly iso from AROS page open it and copy the Developer folder to your System:
- binary release of fpc-aros-i386
Easiest way to install it, but you get a mix up of the C Developer files of AROS and the Freepascal files.
- Unpack the archive file to RAM:
- Copy the contents of the folder pp to Development: (in most cases it points to System:Development)
- open shell and type fpc if you get help for fpc then everything is ok
Better way of installing freepascal to an own folder with all files included, but needs some more work and understanding how AROS work.
- Unpack the archive file
- in the folder pp all freepascal related programs, libaries, object, units and examples are included
- make sure the PATH is pointed to the bin Folder
- edit the bin/fpc.cfg and change all -FU:Development:... to your pathes
- if you want to use the FP-Editor you have to do the same changes in fp/fp.cfg
- make sure you remove all other/older fpc versions from the path